It’s the last day of nablopomo and I’ve been absent since 11/17.
I am totally fine with that.
Why? Because blogging is what you make of it. For me it means I’m likely just living in the moments and not thinking about writing. Or more likely–thinking about the writing and not posting as is typically the case with me. Either way, I’m calling it a success because I’ve done more posts this month than I have all year, so that’s saying something. A win, for sure.
Here’s what I’ve been up to:
- I’ve joined a gym. I’m digging it. It’s so hard, but makes me feel so good. Especially after I get over each session’s soreness, which means it’s time to get back in there again. I’m sore around muscles in my ribs that I didn’t even know existed. Maybe they didn’t which is why they are sore. It has to be good to working these parts of my body. It feels good anyway. I also took a velo (spin) class which was a huge physical and mental hurdle. I tore the muscles around my left sacroiliac joint 10 years ago (last) January doing spinning. It took a long time to diagnose and an even longer time to “recover” with various treatments (spinal injections and physical therapies). I still have chronic issues running the gamut from nothing to soreness, to physical pain, to nerve pain running the full length of my left leg; restless legs at night drive me nuts. The best thing for it (and me) is continual movement. Getting back on the bike is huge for me. I love the mental release it gives me, although now I have to constantly focus on form, not unlike when I’m running. Plus I sweat my ass off because it’s a hard aerobic workout.
- Pies baked and consumed: 3 (plus one apple tart)
- Bowls of tofu nabe made and consumed: I’ve lost count, but likely somewhere around 8.
- I took down the Halloween decorations, but left up the orange lights. That’s fall, right? My neighbors with the christmas lights up may beg to differ. I differ with how they maintain their yard (they don’t) so I’m gonna call it even.
- I taught someone how to sew improvisational quilt blocks. I talked to my best friend from high school about how to do the sashing on her first quilt. These things warm my heart.
- I signed up for an individual membership for the Modern Quilt Guild. When asked if I had any “special talents” to share with guild members I checked “yes” at first, then changed it to “no.” This broke my heart a little.
- I’ve fallen down the rabbit hole of korean skin care. I regret nothing.
- I started making quilt blocks for a new christmas quilt. Like I need that. humpf.
- It was 65-70 degrees for the high up until about 4 days ago. It was lovely and we’ve hiked and hiked. It’s now back to 50’s for the high. Still can’t complain though. We were spoiled this fall.
- Prince Harry got engaged! Contemplating taking off work for the wedding if it will be televised. I am that person. Also does anyone have cable and want to host?
- I may have a name for my new business? I’ve said that before. These things are tough. More later.
- Being a perfectionist is hard. See #11.
- I got my hair cut today. I love haircut day.
- How many times is too many times to watch the Great British Baking Show on Netflix? #askingforafriend
- Same for Terrace House. And Terrace House Aloha State.
- I just can’t take the number of cases of sexual harassment/misconduct/abuse reported in the news. Too many to hyperlink. Our current reality as a nation is disturbing on so many levels.
- Number of rounds of Settlers of Catan played: 4 (or 5).
- I’ve started thinking about Christmas. And my love of twinkle lights. And how to get more in my life. Also, peppermint hand soap.
- I bought new boots over the internet (2 pair!) post thanksgiving. Seems so indulgent. But considering my other pair is nearly 11 years old. What an excruciating decision-making process. I’ll try them on this weekend. Fingers crossed.
- We might be catching a cold.
Happy Nablopomo ya’ll. Thanks for following. xoxo E